Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 1/2

As room assignments didn't come out until the middle of the week, I was unable to announce my M/T office hours until Friday which didn't allow for people to come to them. Week 1 consisted of attending lectures and responding to students questions about the video lectures online. Week 2 was the first week I was able to hold office hours at my regularly scheduled times. There was some room confusion on both days but I wound up being able to see 4 people on Monday from 1-3 and no one came on Tuesday from 1-2. Mondays group was successful as they were eager to not only ask for my help but sought solutions from each other. I went over basic derivatives and what they mean with a few students who had no prior exposure to calculus. Students also asked about how a cross product works using matrices and using the right hand rule. I hope to have more people continue to show up as the semester progresses.

John Wallace
PHYS 0174
Nero M/F 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment