Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 3

James Hare
Professor Broccio
Tuesday 6-7:20pm

This week no students attended my first office hour, but I did have one walk-in student later in the week, as well as one in the think-aloud time slot. I had prepared by taking some notes on the harder concepts of the videos and working the more difficult homework problems.

The student for the think-aloud hour performed the task well and outlined her thoughts effectively. However, she missed a key note in the question and was not confident of her answer. I asked her to read the question more carefully for the second part and she was much more confident that time. Overall it took less time than I had anticipated.

For my walk-in hour when one student showed up, I was able to help her understand projectile motion better conceptually and help her develop a procedure for solving problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment