Thursday, September 17, 2015

Week 1/2

This week (September 14th-17th) was my first week of holding office hours. I did not hold them last week because my "think-aloud" hour was going to be Thursday, and we had nothing scheduled for then.

Now, my hours are as follows: Monday 4-5, Tuesday 2-4, and Thursday 11-12. Monday and Tuesday I am in Cathedral 329, and on Thursday I am in Cathedral 319.

No one attended my office hours on Monday or Thursday.

On Tuesday I had one student attend my office hours. She had already watched the videos and had a few questions on some of the accompanying questions. Specifically, we talked about the question that asked which property is true, in general, for constant velocity. She originally selected the answer that said its motion was distinct from constant acceleration. We talked about why its motion is not actually different from the motion of an object with constant acceleration, but is instead a special case of it, where the acceleration just happens to be 0. I'd like to note that I do think this question was too ambiguous. Because, in a sense, the motion for constant velocity is distinct from constant acceleration, depending on the student's concept of motion.

While it did not come up, I prepared for the office hours by doing the homework problems that I thought students would have the most difficulty with.

No comments:

Post a Comment