Sunday, September 27, 2015

Week 3

Melanie Roberts
Professor Broccio
Tuesday 6-7:20pm

Once again, no one came to my office hours this week.  I prepared for office hours by reading the text, completing the week's homework, and watching the required video modules.  I also completed a few of the more difficult recommended problems from the text book, so that I would be prepared to explain them.

A student did sign up to attend my think-aloud hour on Tuesday.  They performed the first conceptual task more quickly than I had expected, but did not get the correct answer.  The issues the student had were more in how to tackle and understand the problem than conceptual knowledge (although that was a factor).  I gave the student suggestions on how to get relevant information out of the selected question and better approach unfamiliar figures/diagrams on the exam.  The student completed the second task more slowly and carefully and was able to come up with the correct answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment