Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First Official Office Hours Tomorrow

Now that I tentatively have my office situation worked out, I will have my first "official" hours tomorrow.  I've been meeting with a few students individually since I haven't had a room to be using (2 of which are my chem. 0120 students).  Most of the people I met with seem to be more concerned about the current material (Ch. 4 - Forces) than previous material, so I anticipate I will be more useful now that the material is beginning to pick up.  I was a bit surprised with the grade distribution on Exam 1 for the afternoon physics 1 class - Its odd not to have the highest point in the distribution hovering around the middle of the distribution - I anticipate the average will drop on the subsequent exam and make the distribution look a bit more normal (since the last few times I UTAed that occurred).

Anyhow, hope everyone is staying WARM!!
Karl

1 comment:

  1. I'm nervous but curious to see what the distribution on our first exam will be.... I expect a lot of people in my office hours right before it.

    And warm? What's that?

    ReplyDelete