Monday, January 20, 2014

First Post for My First UTA

Hey All, my name is Ziyan, a lot of people just call me "Z" if it is easier to remember and pronounce. I am a junior Accounting major and I am from Beijing, China. This is my first year at Pitt and second year in the US. I transferred to Pitt last fall from a college in a small city in Michigan, called Northern Michigan University. Nice people and pleasant environment in Michigan attracted me and formed my first impression of America. I chose Physics I last semester as the required natural science course, and I felt I should try the UTA when I got it done. Luckily, I become the UTA for Dr. Nero's Physics 0110 this semester. I hope to make more people keen on Physics with my personal experience and understanding on Physics, and get to know more friends meanwhile. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Z - I'm Anthony, Physics 0111 UTA. You have quite the incredible story there; it's crazy for me to even fathom how hard it must have been to not only come to a university so far from home, but to excel in an arduous subject like physics - when it's not even a requirement for your major. Judging by your well-written post, I'm assuming you're already proficient in English; however I'm sure you still have the additional challenge of breaking that language and cultural barrier to get through to the predominately English-speaking student demographic. Just wanted to say good luck - and hope to hear of your experiences and successes in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony, nice to meet you, too. Thanks for your kind words and wishes, I really appreciate those. I think it will be effortless to overcome these obstacles as long as I have faith and capabilities. I wish you succeeded in every realm you are working in, and good lucks to you, too!

      Delete