Thursday, January 23, 2014

Results of First UTA Session

Hey all, hope you're warm and not cold.

So I had my first UTA session ever today, and it was absolutely awesome. My room is in the Hillman instead of the Cathedral because there were no available classrooms at my preferred time, but I was content with my space; it was kind of small (it's supposed to be built for a max of 5 people) but it was tech enabled so I could hook my laptop up to a TV and pull up useful equations and information.
 Anyway, I came into my session today thinking I'd be lucky to get one or two people to come. I was so wrong. At least 15 people came to my session today, and there was constantly 4 to 7 people in my room at any given time. At first I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to help them,  It's unbelievable how much material we got through in three hours (the time went by so fast). I really feel like I gave them some confidence for their exam tomorrow. I can't wait for my session next week; I have a feeling there will be less people there because there won't be an exam the following day, but there were several people today that said they'd be back next week.

What a rewarding experience so far
-Mike Shanahan

No comments:

Post a Comment