Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Journal (Week 9/20)

Three weeks and still no students from my class have shown up for office hours. I guess the professor is just really good at his job, or maybe the students are just really good at comprehending the information thus far. Regardless, since I did not have any of my own students again this week, I helped out some Phys 0110 kids instead. I figured since I am there and I took the class, I might as well make myself useful. 

I only helped one girl with her homework for Professor Wu. They were (what we initially thought) simple vector addition problems, but for some reason a straightforward question ended up taking 35 minutes to solve. Turns out the online program "Expert TA" is very picky with what values you input and how you set up your equations. I have heard numerous complaints about the system, but then again, no system is all that simple to use at first. 

At the end of the day, it was nice to have finally helped someone out and to see their eyes light up once they finally grasped something that they were struggling with. Hopefully that is a motif of this semester and I can keep on doing my job and helping some more students. My class has their first exam coming up Wednesday of next week so I am expecting to have quite a few students stopping by for some last minute clarification. I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment