Sunday, September 18, 2016

Week of September 12

This week I had two students come into my office hours. On Monday, I had the same student I had from the previous week who had questions on the use of the kinematics equations. Once I told her my tips on finding unknown variables, she quickly figured out the rest of her problems. The other student I had on Wednesday had a question on a checkpoint problem in the lecture slides. With discussion from another TA, we deduced that the wording of the question was very confusing, which led to her wrong answer. The question could have been worded in a more concise way, which would have made the student less confused. There was a discrepancy between average acceleration and constant acceleration, which is used in the kinematics equations.

No comments:

Post a Comment