Monday, September 19, 2016

Weeks 1/2

Hello everyone!

I completely forgot to post to the blog for the past two weeks; from now on I'll set a reminder to post at least once a week.

My first week was really great! I am in Dr. Broccio's MWF class (the flipped class) and a lot of the UTA work is actually done in the classroom as opposed to office hours in this format. Once the students get used to asking you questions in lecture, they start to come to your office hours (at least this is how it's working for me thus far). I had around 10-15 people come to my Friday office hours that week!

My second week was slightly less busy. A few returnees from my first week's office hours showed up, so I was happy to see that I'm starting to gain some regulars.

I believe their first exam is next week, so I expect a lot of students to come to office hours this week. I will update the blog with my experiences on Week 3 on Friday.

Have a great week everyone!
-Mike Shanahan

No comments:

Post a Comment