Thursday, September 22, 2016

Week of September 19

This week I had a lot of people at my office hours because of the exam next week. Students had trouble on the conceptual ideas of projectile motion and how the x velocity is the same, only the y velocity is changing because of the force of gravity acting on it. Another area of concern was which equations to use during which scenarios. I advised them to make a list of the given values and a list of what was unknown. This would help them determine which equation to use. I also helped other students on homework problems and addressed any other concerns they had about the exam. I based my advice on the semester I took Physics 1, but told them to be prepared for anything asked during lecture, book problems, and Expert TA problems.

This week was definitely the busiest week for my office hours, but I felt that I accomplished a lot because the students were asking good questions and could better understand conceptual ideas better. I wish them all the best on their first exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment