Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Journal (Week 9/27)

Finally got some students into my office hours from my own class! I have to admit, I was a little taken back when they said they were there to get help from me. It was the day before the exam so I think a lot of students just wanted some final clarification on topics they were unsure about. Every question was more or less about the new topics of electrical potential energy and electric fields, which in my opinion is some of the toughest stuff they will run into in this course.

I had some students hang around and get help for a full 2 hours, and then I also had some students that needed a quick explanation of an equation and were on their way within 10 minutes. It was a good variety of frustrating and complex homework problems that 9 out of 10 students could not get, and easy explantations of when to use a certain equation and when not to.

Best part of the day was that everyone left the hours with a better understanding of the topics (or at least that is what they told me). If they come back after the exam with questions then I am going to assume I was of help, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment