Friday, September 16, 2016

Week of 9/12

This week was my first full week of office hours as we did not have Monday classes last week. Monday at 8 AM, I did not have a single student. This was probably because it was early in the morning and students still had time until the homework was due. Thursday at 8 A.M., I had one student. Off the homework problems we talked about, most of the questions she had were small math issues. However, the biggest trouble seemed to be problems that needed to be broken up into different pieces to get a final solution. This seemed to be a problem for the four students who came to my office hours today as well. The best way to help students solve these problems was to draw a picture and write down the known information and use that to find out the answer. I also had students today begin to ask me more conceptual questions that could be on the test. The idea of a vector having both magnitude and direction, and the relationship between acceleration, velocity and displacement graphs were recurring questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment