Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 1

Chris Smith
UTA Physics 0174
Nero TuTh 2-2:50

Today I concluded my first week of office hours. During my first session (Tuesday 3-5 PM), nobody showed up. So I spent my time working on some of my own studies. During my second (and last) session of the week (Wednesday 3-4 PM), I had one student come for almost the entire time. Because there was only one student, it felt more like tutoring. We started by going over some basic math concepts (dot product and cross product mostly) and doing problems associated with that topic. Then we moved on to some homework problems she got wrong on the previous assignment. With what time we had left, we worked on projectile motion problems. I learned physics best from learning the theory and then going through examples and problems, so that is what I plan to do during my sessions unless.

I was expecting more than one student to show up this week. Hopefully more will show in later weeks and when it gets closer to an exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment