Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cory Cizauskas: Entry 1

This past week, I met with Dr. Hong for his weekly meeting and learned what my responsibilities would be as a TA. I decided to place all three of my office hours on Saturday afternoon, so that students would be able to ask questions and work through what they understand until they find another.

To prepare for these office hours, I completed an early version of the online homework and found similar problems in the book that I may use to explain different concepts.

However, two students attended my lecture, so these problems proved to be too elaborate to answer sparing questions. I instead used examples off the top of my head and explained relevant examples in the textbook.

I was a a bit caught off guard when one student asked how to use vectors with electric fields. I tried drawing vectors for multiple particles and explaining magnitude with trig and believe to have cleared things up. During yesterday's TA meeting, we stumbled across how to bring students up to speed on vector summation, so I volunteered to create a handout summarizing material from the book. I'm working on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment