Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 1

This week I assisted 0 students (I did not hold office hours)

I was expecting to start my UTA office hours this week, but was surprised to find out on Tuesday that Professor Nero did not need me to start until next week. This was nice because it gave me an extra three hours to do whatever I wanted, but I was definitely a little disappointed that I didn't get to start. I was (and still am) excited, and a little nervous, about starting my office hours.

On Monday night I formulated my review sheet and looked over the homework questions so I knew what to expect on Tuesday. Unfortunately, this was a waste of my time, but it definitely made me feel more confident about what I would be facing in office hours. The methods to solving the homework questions came back to me much more easily than I expected. I was confident that I would be able to help with any of them, and I hope that this holds true for future homework assignments as well.

My strategy going into this week was to break everyone into small groups, and I plan on sticking to that strategy. I think it will work well for me. With that in mind, I will still be open to changing up my style based on the number of students I have and the  needs of those students.

Although I didn't start this week, I am excited to start next week, and I am much less nervous than I was a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment