Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Week 2

I guess this is coming a bit late but I haven't had my 3rd session yet so hopefully that's okay.  My second session went well I think. There were a few more students this time (11 in total) and I started to see the effects. I find that when there are a lot of students in the room, if I pose the question of what to do next in a problem, or even just ask them if they have any questions they wanted me to go over, there is a tendency for silence. When there are only 2-3 students in the room I don't really have this issue. One nice thing about asking the students for their names as they enter the room is that I feel like I know most of their names so I think that I may start calling on people.

They have their first exam the day after my next session so I expect to have quite a bit of people at that session. I was originally going to try to come up with a practice test on my own but the professor recently posted a practice exam online so I think I will just have the students work on that during the session and we can go over it as a group at the end, or answer individual questions as need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment