Tuesday, February 17, 2015

So it's been a while. I haven't had a laptop for the past two weeks, and failed to find the blog site without an instant link, so I'll try to make this count for two posts.

I had the same student come to my Saturday office hours and we spent the time working on basic concepts involving electric potential and capacitance. I spent about thirty minutes trying to explain how to use given capacitance and overall voltage of a complex circuit to find the charge and voltage difference across each capacitor, only to realize that he hadn't fully grasped how charge and voltage 'react?' differently between parallel and series. After taking less than three minutes to relay this, he solved the homework problem with no problems. *cough*.

It was a bit strange walking into lecture on Thursday. I knew in advance that I would be moderating the test session, but I still felt like the bumblebee in the bat cave. Alex and I were allowed to look over (but not solve of course) a copy of the test. The multiple choice differed slightly from what I had seen on last semesters final, but the dimensional analysis and relation to the homework was fair.

That weekends office hours were somewhat undignified. I had no trouble explaining the multiple choice, but the first open ended question required a look-back into the textbook and I still don't fully understand the second.

Based on the one student attendance rate for the past few weeks, Dr. Hong and I have decided to spread my office hours throughout the week. I'll need to find another study location, as Benedum library will not be suitable during the week.

Personal Note: I am so glad to finally have my laptop back.

No comments:

Post a Comment