Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week 4

This week I helped 4 students.

This week my office hours were slightly more attended. I had one person on Tuesday, none on Wednesday, and three on Thursday. We went over the worksheets that I made, and it seemed to be very helpful.

One of the students came on both Tuesday and Thursday, and it was really cool to see his logical progression through the problems. It was amazing what a difference two hours could have. Also, this same student told me that one of the problems on their quiz was very similar to one we did in my office hours on Tuesday. He was very proud to say that he was one of the only ones in the class who knew how to do the problem on the quiz. I was surprised at how good this really felt to me. Knowing that I helped him achieve a better score on one of his quizzes based on a problem I randomly selected out of the book was a really cool feeling. This experience made this week the best one I've had by far.

I'm hoping that the upcoming weeks are as rewarding as this one was. I feel like I'm gaining some steam, and I'm looking forward to keeping it rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment