Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 5

This week i helped 2 people

This was a pretty quiet week for me. I only had two kids come to my office hours--one on Tuesday and one on Thursday. It was pretty cool because I got to help them one on one. I find this to be much easier than when there is a large number of students who need help. One on one I can focus more on what each student individually needed rather than going over larger topics.

For instance, I have been working with the student who came on Tuesday about twice a week for the last two weeks. Because of this, I know the way he likes to work and the way he solves problems. This is pretty useful because I also know where he struggles and how I can help him best. He has shown great improvement since he started coming to my office hours, and it has been a rewarding experience seeing the growth.

The student who came on Thursday was a new student to me, and it was a little more tricky. I had to figure out how he worked and how he liked to solve problems. After a few minutes, though, I picked up on his habits and was able to help him effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment