Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 6

Last week I had 11 students come attend my office hours. Most of them had questions on homework, which I helped them work through. We also spent quite a bit of time talking about concepts that appeared on their take home quizzes. I tried to spend some time explaining topics that I thought might be difficult and would appear on their upcoming exam this week.

I mostly did work on the board, and if a new student walked in I would briefly explain to them what we were doing and what we had already covered as a group. Usually, students walked in and started working on homework themselves first, and came to me with any questions that came up. I think this was a generally effective strategy, since usually the students had specific questions rather than general questions that should be addressed to the entire group.

No comments:

Post a Comment