Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 4

This time around I still had a good number of people show up (12 students). Instead of standing up the whole time and answering questions or going over derivations the whole time, I took a more laid back approach. For the first half hour or so I went over general questions that people wanted to ask, but, in the absence of further questions, I told the students that they could work on homework or other material and if they had any questions they could come up and ask me. So for the rest of the session I sat at the desk at the front and this was actually a very effective strategy. Many of the kids who haven't spoken in my sessions came up readily for help. From now on I think I am going to go with this technique because I think it makes the students more comfortable and I can still be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment