Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 5

For this week I had 16 students. I consider that a pretty good turnout. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about the way that I'm doing things. For this specific session, before my 3 hours started I wrote all of the relevant equations on the board. At the start, I fielded any conceptual or lecture material related questions. I got about 4-5 of those. Afterwards, I went over the times that each of the equations would be applied. Following this, I sat at my desk and let the students work on their homework and come up and ask me if they had any questions.

The advantage of this style is that I can address any broad questions at the start, but towards the main chunk of the session I can interface with the students 1-on-1. This helps with the shy students and also helps me get to know the students better. Things are more relaxed and the time still flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment