Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 6

So this week proved to be interesting.


My first Monday TA session had about five people crowded in an alcove for the same problem that was part of the written work. Unfortunately, I too had trouble solving this one, as it used a concept that is not in the textbook and wasn't covered last semester. I managed to explain the general basis of what it asked, but only had a chance to work through it with one of the students that stayed longer than the others.


I could not help but arrive a few minutes late on Thursday's session (as I had more laptop trouble that required another call and shipment to Lenovo), but I managed to post an announcement about an hour in advance and stayed an extra fifteen minutes to make-up the time. One student seemed to have trouble solving the magnetic force equation using vector notation. Once I realized that he simply wasn't familiar with cross-products, we quickly went over an example and he was off.


Saturday has dried up completely. I guess students don't find waking up before noon worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment