Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week 5

Today I finished up my office hours for the week. I expected more students to show because of the test on Thursday. However only 2 students showed up on Tuesday and on Wednesday one of the students from Tuesday came again.
On Tuesday (3-5PM), the students wanted to go over the practice exam that was posted on CourseWeb. Since both students had questions about the same problems, I was able to use the blackboard and explain the problems to them both at the same time. One student left an hour into my office hours. The other student stayed the entire time and we were able to go over the practice exam in greater detail.
On Wednesday (3-4PM), the same student that stayed for the entire two hours on Tuesday came again. This time she had questions about the homework for Chapter 8. I was able to clear up her misconceptions on the homework and prepare her the best I could for the exam on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment