Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 4

This week had students show up to my office hours on both Tuesday (3-5 PM) and Wednesday (3-4 PM). On Tuesday, two students that had come to my previous office hours came to ask questions on the homework. I helped each students with about 3 questions each by pointing out some of their misconceptions regarding each problem.
On Wednesday, one student came to see me. Instead of asking questions on the homework or other problems in the textbook, the student asked about concepts. This was a change of pace for me because I usually help students with problems and explain concepts along the way. However this student wasn't focusing on one problem. This student also came to one of my previous office hours.
It seems students are now taking advantage of the extra credit opportunity to visit the UTAs twice, especially after the results of the first exam were revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment