Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weeks 3 & 4

Unfortunately, I was out of town for the first two and a half weeks of the course so when I returned I did not quite know what to expect. I had two students my first week, both asking questions about the homework assignment. I did not have access to WebAssign at the time but the students and I were able to figure out the solutions. It seemed to me that they were able to solve the problem on their own with just a little push in the right direction.

The second week I had four students all during the same session. It was really nice having the group and I think it we managed our time as well as possible. Each student took turns asking their question and everyone participated in helping the others with their solutions. I am beginning to see repeat students which I think is great that they have a time that works with their schedule to seek help. Since my first session I have obtained access to WebAssign and I have found that it is helpful for me to do the assignments prior to my office hours because it is more time efficient when students ask questions if I do not have to solve the problem from scratch each time.

- Adrian Lowenfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment